For the past 3 years, the Social Innovators Collective has been producing workshops for changemakers interested in building financially sustainable organizations in New York City and at workshops such as the Harvard’s Social Enterprise Conference, the Social Enterprise Boot Camp, School of Visual Art’s !mpact Design for Social Change, A Better World By Design, a collaboration between Brown University and the Rhode Island School of Design and others.
We are seeking a small army of stellar interns to help us launch our newest project, The Social Good Guides. They are a series of 20+ essential small-business guides created to support early stage changemakers. The goal of the guides is to centralize knowledge and equip changemakers with the information needed to achieve success during the startup phase of their venture building. The guides will be available to the public as free downloads.
We are seeking interns who have a passion for social change and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will gain valuable experience working for an education startup and be exposed to the vast ecosystem that makes up the social impact space.
Available internships include:
● Social media and digital marketing
● Research (general, the book and other educational offerings)
● Graphic design
See detailed descriptions below.
For more information feel free to email me at email@example.com.
Those interested in a summer internship can also apply now.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE INTERNSHIPS
Ideal candidates are:
- Passionate about social change and entrepreneurship
- Seeking (or have) a BA, BS, MA, MPA, MBA
- Experienced with social media is important; use for business purposes preferred
- Exceptional writing and communications skills
- Extremely detail-oriented and effective in personal time management
- Located in the greater New York City area, (although candidates outside of NYC will be considered)
- Research potential foundations and corporate sponsors
- Draft proposals for the strongest candidates
- Research successful crowdfunding campaigns
- Work with communications manager to put together a custom campaign
SOCIAL MEDIA AND DIGITAL MARKETING
- Implement social media strategy to kick off guides launch
- Expand social media reach
- Explore potential avenues for digital marketing
- Craft Tweets, FB and LinkedIn posts specific to each guide
- Create and populate Pinterest page
- Support outreach partners with prepped social media posts
- Work closely with guides producer to find essential facts and figures to support articles and blog posts
- Conduct research to identify key online learning platforms
- Research companies, nonprofits, programs, organizations for further outreach
- Perform special duties and other projects as assigned
GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN
- Work with social media and digital marketing interns to create graphics for social media outreach
- Design graphics for blog posts using the Social Good Guides design aesthetic
- Work on launch event for guides
- Write blog posts for major news outlets already lined up (GOOD, Forbes.com, Huffington Post, PlusSocialGood.org and others)
- Reach out and secure new media outlets
- Craft copy for bi-weekly eNewsletters
- Copy edit marketing materials and other external communications
- Proofread guides
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis. Applicants will be contacted as their submissions are reviewed.
Please put the name of the internship in the subject line.
Start date: ASAP
End date: TBD with intern
Hours and Dates:
Interns will work 8-12 hours per week and shifts may be flexible to suit your schedule. Working remotely is a possibility.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is an unpaid position with the opportunity to receive college credit.
Background information: http://www.socialgoodguides.com
Founder, Social Innovators Collective
Creator/Editor, Social Good GuidesMore about Shana Dressler
About The Project:
The Social Good Guides are a series of 20+ small-business guides created to support early stage social entrepreneurs, nonprofit founders and individuals working on social impact projects. The goal of the guides is to centralize general knowledge and equip changemakers with information about the essential small-business skills a founder needs to be familiar with in order to achieve success during the startup phase of their venture building. Each guide has been authored by a distinguished professional with sector expertise in the social impact space, designed by a seasoned graphic designers and brought to life by a dedicated team of volunteers.
About The Company
The Social Innovators Collective offers short and long format educational programming for early stage social entrepreneurs, nonprofit founders and individuals working on social impact projects. Our mission is to nurture, shape, and train the next wave of changemakers so that they can demonstrate measurable social impact and achieve financially sustainability. http://www.socialinnovatorscollective.org